Thursday, June 14, 2012

Regularly emailing the status of an account

Prompted by a query, I thought I'd post a useful little utility that I have used for ages which emails the status of the account every hour.  After lengthy deliberation I decided to call it .... EmailStatus.  With only a small modification it could be used to log the status to a file, and the time interval could be changed also.

Treat it as an indicator, and store it accordingly.  The indicator approach to running scripts is useful because they are reloaded when the terminal is restarted, whereas scripts are not.

Here's a view of what comes in the email
Balance       9999
Equity        9999
Margin         999
Free margin   9999
Open profit     99
Open orders
Open time local Type Lots Symbol  Price   S/L    T/P    Now Profit Comment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 1 Dec 21:49:04 Sell 0.10 EURUSD 1.3098 1.3401 0.0000 1.3121   -26 xxxxx
Pending orders
Open time local      Type Lots Symbol  Price   S/L    T/P    Now  Comment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Hello Paul, I am looking for another project I could join. I am educated in machine learning and eager to apply this in financial domain. Please answer here if you are interested and we can organize an online meeting. Thanks Vasek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your efforts to put some decent tools in the hands of traders -
    I believe that the blog will make better,
    more disciplined and less driven traders with the possibility of actually making money; priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paul, thank you very much for this script. Unfortunately I cannot use it. Could you possibly modify this script, so it would save a balance as a .csv file and it would do so after every transaction or on stated intervals? Then it would allow money management calculations. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I hope this message finds you well,

    My name is Neil; I'm the affiliate manager @ BinaryOffers.com
    I saw that you are promoting few interesting offers,
    So I'd like to take this opportunity and invite you to join us.

    We offer an Extremely high commissions and the best service online.

    I'll be more than happy to start working with you and introduce to you few of our offers.
    You can send me an email or add me to your Skype (aff.binaryoffers) so we can discuss.

    All the best my friend,
    Neil
    neil@binaryoffers.org

    ReplyDelete